Re: @ Mr. Dan
by MrDan on Friday, September 30, 2011 @17:28
Iowa Statutes §562A.15, §562A.21
The landlord must:
· Comply with the requirements of applicable building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety
· Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to put and keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition
· Keep all common areas of the premises in a clean and safe condition
· Maintain in good and safe working order and condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the landlord
· Provide and maintain appropriate receptacles and conveniences, accessible to all tenants, for the central collection and removal of ashes, garbage, rubbish, and other waste incidental to the occupancy of the dwelling unit and arrange for their removal
· Supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times and reasonable heat, except where the building that includes the dwelling unit is not required by law to be equipped for that purpose, or the dwelling unit is so constructed that heat or hot water is generated by an installation within the exclusive control of the tenant and supplied by a direct public utility connection
Just the Highlights of Iowa Law.
You are replying to the above.
Tips & Advice
Landlord Tenant Law