The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

How to file judgement with credit bureau - Landlord Forum thread 215337

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


How to file judgement with credit bureau by Greg on January 12, 2011 @18:51

Short story...

Just won a judgement with the small claims court in Chandler, AZ against a investor (seller) who backed out of a short sale agreement with me.

I'm going to try and settle this with him one last time prior to filing this with the credit bureau.

I need to know what I need to do to get this on his credit report (all 3 agencies).

Any help is appreciated.


[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Re: How to file judgement with credit bureau by Bryan (Ia) on January 12, 2011 @19:25 [ Reply ]
To the best of my knowledge the courts report judgements to the credit bureaus. No way for an individual to do it.
Re: How to file judgement with credit bureau by Anonymous on January 12, 2011 @20:16 [ Reply ]
If the person does not pay by the time the court told the person to pay, then you can go to the court clerk's office and fill out some form. You might have to pay a fee. The court will not automatically report the person's judgment to the credit bureau, you have to tell the court, hence going to the court's clerk. Once you do this, you will receive a lot of junk mail from the debt collectors. The judgment is good for 20 years in NYC, unless the person declares bankruptcy.
Re: How to file judgement with credit bureau by Jack (NY) on January 12, 2011 @20:29 [ Reply ]
You file the judgment with your county. Small filing fee of approx. $10. The credit agencies regularly update themselves from the judgment records.

If you don't file it, no one will know, unless you pay collection agencies too.

Re: How to file judgement with credit bureau by Eric (MN) on January 12, 2011 @23:04 [ Reply ]
In MN, 20 days after you win small claims court, you must 'docket' the judgment.

It is not official until it is docketed. The cost is $55. The credit bureaus pick up teh judgements from the Courthouse.

But you should be able to ask questions at your court house to the clerk.

Re: How to file judgement with credit bureau by MassLL (MA) on January 13, 2011 @09:44 [ Reply ]
Different courts have different procedures. Call the court and ask. At the court here, no need have the judgment filed. The bureaus come to court here and copies of the judgments.

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2018 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google