The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

Electric/gas bill - Landlord Forum thread 356068

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


Electric/gas bill by Anonymous on February 7, 2018 @18:24

Tenant said his wife left him, he paid Feb rent, but electric and gas was under wife name, now she stopped services and automatically is under my company's name.
I don't want to call electric company because it's winter frozen pipes can happen. He is still responsible
He does not respond my phone calls.
What do I do? .
[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Re: Electric/gas bill by Margret (NV) on February 7, 2018 @23:24 [ Reply ]
Deliver to your tenant a "cure or quit" notice to have the utilities back in their name. The wife is still responsible for the terms of the lease also, so if you know her address, then send her notice too.
Re: Electric/gas bill by Anonymous on February 8, 2018 @00:00 [ Reply ]
Also, if a tenant stops responding to courtesy phone calls, stop calling and start sending letters. When they stop communicating, having a paper trail showing you communicating with them is a very good thing to have.

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2018 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google