The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

Re: Returning Security Deposit to Tenants split up - Landlord Forum thread 356108

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


Re: Returning Security Deposit to Tenants split up by Garry (Iowa) on February 9, 2018 @12:55

Some LLs will say to write the check in both names, and give it to the one who stayed the longest. Then let them decide what to do with the check. I don't do that. I write the check in the single name of the last one out, and IF I know where to other T moved to, I will send a letter to that address, telling them the amount I returned to their "spouse", and then they can fight over the money.
In your case, is it possible for you to contact the person who is moving out now, and tell them up front what you plan to do if there is any deposit to be returned? If you contact them, try to get a forwarding address from them.
[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2018 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google