The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

Re: Need advice: Tenant filed Chapter 13, question - Landlord Forum thread 356300

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


Re: Need advice: Tenant filed Chapter 13, question by Garry (Iowa) on February 27, 2018 @16:12

March is coming up shortly. By next Monday, give them the standard 3 day notice to pay March rent, or quit(move). If they don't do either, proceed to file for eviction. Once you get in front of a judge, the judge will clearly tell both parties how the BK effects you both. Get them out, however you can, and get your place rerented again. In my opinion, a 2 year lease in a state that says a LL must mitigate damages, is worthless. If a T defaults on the rent, the LL must try to get it rented again, and may only be able to collect up to 2 months of rent, even if there may be over a year left on the 2 year lease.

I have all M2M leases, and I just had 1 party move after being there 21 years----the whole time being on a M2M lease. I have 3 others that are all on M2M leases, and have been with me 10-15 years. If someone is not able to pay rent, and they are gonna move, there is absolutely no way you are going to stop them. Cut your losses, move the current Ts out, get new tenants, and get on with your life. (remember, you can't get blood out of a turnip)
[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2018 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google