The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

Re: Service Animals & Emotional Support Animals - Landlord Forum thread 359153

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


Re: Service Animals & Emotional Support Animals by Garry on March 22, 2019 @13:23

Those laws are federal, administered thru your local or state civil rights offices. Call the local CR offices, and get a copy of those laws. What you said is correct. You must allow the service or emotional support animal, without charging extra rent or a deposit for it. However, you can ask that their shots are up to date, and they can produce a letter from a licensed Dr, phychologist, therapist, etc., that says the have a disability, and they need the animal. The animal must not be aggressive to anyone, and the tenant must clean up after the animal.

However, you can still deny any person to rent from you, because of their credit or criminal backgrounds, or their job history/income. If you haven't already, get a copy of your landlord/tenant laws, and the eviction laws, for PA.
[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2019 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google