The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

loss of income insurance - Landlord Forum thread 359592

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


loss of income insurance by Ted on August 12, 2019 @10:02

I have an insurance claim to Farmers to repair water damage. They already paid loss of income for July. My contractor is rebuilding the kitchen where it was before the water damage and I expect the property to be habitable again by end of August. To find a new tenant though might take until end of September.

I was wondering if the insurance would pay loss of rent until I find a new tenant or until property is repaired? They've been paying so far however my broker evades sending me the rules and regulations of what is covered in my policy so I have to rely on my adjuster's opinion.
[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Re: loss of income insurance by Robert on August 13, 2019 @14:38 [ Reply ]
Yes, your loss of income should cover all the time it takes to repair and reasonable time to re-rent after repairs. You should ask the adjuster that handled your original claim, not your broker - they have nothing to do with it.

I went thru this exercise earlier this year.

You should have a copy of your coverage - they usually proved once a year or so. If you dont have one call Farmers - again not your broker and get a copy. They legally have to provide a copy to you.

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2019 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google