The Landlord Protection Agency  
Main Menu, Landlord Protection Agency homepage Membership With The Landlord Protection Agency Free Landlord Services Member Services  

Disabled Applicant - Landlord Forum thread 360786

Free Landlord Newsletter

Prospect Card

FREE BONUS Forms Disk for
2 -5 year LPA Members


Disabled Applicant by Jason on August 21, 2020 @00:02

I had a husband/wife go through the Open House for my 1-bedroom apartment that I have available. They are looking for something for their son, who is physically disabled and will be assisting him with rent. The son is not able to sign due to tremors.

Should I require that the mother (it's her biological son) apply and be on the lease?

And if she is signing for him, should a POA be req'd?

Thanks in advance. -Jason
[ Reply ] [ Return to forum ]

Re: Disabled Applicant by Robert on August 23, 2020 @16:16 [ Reply ]
You could have mom/dad cosign for the lease. This site has a form for that. If mom has POA then she can sign for him, otherwise you would need the lease in mom/dad's names.

You would want to do a credit check on anyone that will be potentially paying.

Log in

Rentals Available
Rentals Wanted
Realty Brokers
Landlord Articles
Tips & Advice
Tenant Histories

Other Areas
Q&A Forum
Free Forms
Essential Forms
Landlord Tenant Law
Join Now
Credit Reports
About Us
Site Help

Contact The LPA

© 2000-2020 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.

If you enjoy The LPA, Please
like us on Facebook The LPA on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter The LPA on Twitter
+1 us on Google