|The Landlord Test - #1|
How do you score as a landlord? Are you prone to landlord traps?
Answer the following multiple choice test questions and find out.
1. The most important thing to consider when qualifying a potential tenant is:
2. "Tenancy in common" refers to:
b) service of process pertaining to tenants
d) multi-unit rental properties
3. A late charge can only apply if:
b) you are mad as hell and demand late charges
c) the lease contains a provision covering you for late charges
d) the landlord can show he has incurred bounce check bank charges
4. The purpose of the tenant's security deposit is:
b) to cover the last month's rent
c) to gain interest for the landlord
d) to secure the tenant's performance and cover damages
5. Select the phrase you should avoid when encountering one of your tenants.
6. The only good tenant is a:
7. To be enforceable, a lease must be:
8. The accomplished Landlord would agree that rent should be collected in the following fashion:
b) having the tenant deliver the rent to the landlord at his home
c) giving the tenant a supply of deposit slips with the landlord's account # for direct deposit by the tenant, saving the landlord the trouble of having to deposit the rent himself
d) Supplying the tenant with a payment coupon book and pre-addressed envelopes to be sent to the landlord's P.O. box each month on time.
9. A tenant's welcome package should contain the following necessary information:
b) the landlord's home address
c) the landlord's home phone #
d) the landlord's bank account # for direct rent deposits
10. To be binding, a lease must be signed by the
Answer the following questions by choosing True or False.
Answers can be found at the bottom of this page.
LANDLORD TEST ANSWERS
Take The Landlord Test - #3
Contact The LPA
© 2000-2017 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.