|Bounced Check for Rent Deposit|
With a tenant bouncing a bad check for rent or deposit:
1. hand deliver a letter and notice stating the check has bounced,
2. providing a photocopy of the bounced check front and back along with the letter,
3. Give the tenant notice of 72 hours to cover the check WITH any bank fee's you have been charged,
4. Demand the payment be paid with either a money order or a cashier's check,
5. Demand the payment be made personally, NOT mailed,
6. Make it clear in the letter that if the bad check is not covered within the time alloted, you will turn it over to the county attorney for prosocution.
7. At the same time you issue the above letter, issue a 3 day to pay or quite
Contact the county/state attorney where the check was written and find out what forms you need to fill out and DO IT!
Contact The LPA
© 2000-2017 The Landlord Protection Agency, Inc.