The LPA Apartment Lease
with major LANDLORD PROTECTION Built In!
Click to order or download
The LPA Apartment Lease is designed specifically to protect landlords against common tenant situations when renting apartments. Painful and expensive experiences with tenants can be avoided. It has successfully saved us repeatedly from serious tenant nightmares, and from losing a lot of money! This form covers important aspects of Apartment Renting, such as laundry facilities, storerooms, utilities, maintenance, association fees, etc.
The LPA Apt. Lease can be either Month to Month or Fixed Term.
THE LPA LEASE IS STATE SPECIFIC
We've customized The LPA Lease to conform with each state's requirements! Just select your state when downloading!
The LPA Apartment Lease* is written in plain english and is easy for the average landlord to read and understand without needing an attorney to interpret it.
The LPA Apartment Lease specially caters to residential apartments. Because it is already in word processor format for your convenience, you can easily add, delete or change items in the document to customize the lease to your exact needs.
The LPA Apartment Lease is designed to fully interact with and support all of our Essential Forms for rental property management.
It does its job to discourage problem renters from signing on as our tenants. If the LPA Application doesn't discourage the Deadbeat, the LPA Lease will. Let them disqualify themselves before they become your headache!
We highly reccommend that the lease be read and explained to the tenant in person. We find it to be more effective that way. After all, it is an instruction manual for how to be your tenant in your apartment.
Before turning over a valuable asset with a mere 1 or 2 month security deposit, make sure the tenants understand and agree to all your terms. You'd be surprised at how many people are so eager to just sign the lease without bothering to read it. You can get a real idea of what these people will be like as tenants and how they will get along with other tenants by how they respond to the terms in your lease.
- What does it tell you if the prospect has a major problem with your late fee policy? That's right, he expects to pay rent late.
- How about if the prospect argues about being responsible for minor repairs?
- Or the cleaning charge?
- Or if he has a problem with a penalty for unauthorized occupants?
- What if he has a real problem with the default clause, which outlines your rights to evict for nonpayment?
- Did you know about the Daily Rental clause in which the tenant agrees that you may, in case of a default, take on the same rights of a hotel, enabling you to have them removed and arrested for theft of services and/or trespassing?
- The LPA Lease also includes a clause requiring the tenant to maintain Renter's Insurance, along with many other essential clauses designed to protect the landlord.
You really can learn a lot about a tenant during the lease signing.
Remember, our leases are not meant to be used as weapons. They are Landlord Protection tools to defend yourself and your property from unscrupulous tenants and difficult situations. Although the LPA Apartment Lease is a very powerful tool, it's even more powerful when you use it effectively.
LPA Landlords who use the LPA Lease Agreement also use:Property Condition Report - Move In Checklist
Early Occupancy Addendum
Crime Free Addendum
First Right of Refusal Addendum
The Credit Reporting Disclosure Notice
The LPA Pet Agreement